Summary

It is time to become human, emotionally stable, and sentient.

Monday, April 19, 2004

Timeline eraser

 This is really not particularly pertinent while we remain totally ruled by the stupour.  It is probably far beyond the perceptiveness of just about anyone.  All the same, it is one of my favorite potentials for the future, once we are no longer dumbed down to the state of an animal.  It seems to me to hold a great deal of potential for a race that has embraced its humanity.  It will mean less than nothing until that is so.

I don't know that I did a particularly good job at describing the potential to get us out of messes (as humans; not as backbiting, lying, cheating, thieving animals), but that is as it is.  I may or many not expand on that in the future.


April 19, 2024


 I have this problem with the current, dimwitted attempts at online social interaction.  The timeline is way too constrictive.

The problem is that it is suited to prehumans and the profit motive above all.

Even attempting a two-dimensional online social interaction site would not make sense at this time.  If I had more bandwidth, I'd probably try to get it developed anyways.

The idea is to replace the timeline with topics and interest.    The real goal would be to have the topics of interest to a global (human) audience to rise to the top.

I envision a page that looks much like a star map, where each conversation (not just soundbites that cry out for attention) is a star.  I also envision clusters of stars but that might be a bit more difficult.  The clusters of stars would have to be defined by a topic.  That may work.  I'm just not sure how it would work.  May be a good place to attempt to use AI for human uses rather than the other way around.  My annoyance with technology is that it seems the technology uses the prehuman more than the other way around.

Certainly, the brightness of the star would indicate interest in a particular topic.  Maybe brightness of a cluster of stars indicates a broader interest.  Or, maybe the cluster of stars is various conversations on a specific topic.  That sounds better.

I know just how complicated it becomes to highlight something of current interest.  There become multiple variables, such as time, immediate interest, long term interest, and number of people that have current/long term interest.  This becomes meaningless to the stirring of mania on a timeline, subsuming all else.

It's the third millennium.  We can do better.

As time progresses, I would hope that the topics would evolve into topics of the highest interests of the human race.

Anyways, the more I ponder this idea, the more I like it.  I can see global decisions being made by rational argument rather than forceful argument and rule.

It really could end up replacing politicians and governments.  Wouldn't that be a blessing.  It also provides a smooth road to the transition away from gov'ts and, maybe, a rational roadmap for so much more.  True rule of the people before it is done.

I'm not sure what it does for the monsters, which is why this will be much more effective when the monsters, trying to manipulate any systems put in place to their advantage, are gone.  I expect they could find a way to manipulate any system for their advantage, like rats on a ship.  That, in fact, has been one of the primary premises of my life.  It's not enough to regulate the rats, they gnaw through regulation like the rats they are.  No, humanity has to rid itself of the impetus to become a rat.  That is, essentially, what I have done.

Anyways, I tried to cope with the news services in this 2-D OSIS but, the more I think about it, they don't belong.  News, sports seem counterproductive.  Music and, maybe other forms of entertainment suit but, even then, it would be in the form of conversations only.  Maybe attached music?  I am sure the rats could infest this to make it biased.

Which gets to another point.  I had, at first, thought that everyone should have a valid, traceable id to use this system but, the more I think about it, the more I am convinced it would be better to wait until we are fully human and the monsters are, at least, in small enough numbers and easily identified by humans as to make their efforts too feeble to be of any importance.  Sooner or later, they will be gone entirely.  I am certain of that.  Then, there is no need for id's at all because we are human, not just acting out the part under inhuman conditions.  I shudder to suggest that locked doors could become a thing of the past.  No one would believe that, right?  It may be too much to ask but, I just don't know.  I can see a human race that has enough respect for itself to provide for all and individuals have enough respect for themselves that they wouldn't steal a dime.  Heck, there are plenty of those already.  Many in the gutters of our prehumanity and few in the halls of justice, industry, and government.

Maybe  the biggest technological hurdle is the required graphics and the adaptation of AI.  Those would be radically new and prehumans are just so much the mimic.  If someone makes a easy timeline interface, they will.  It's been done before and everyone can copy it.  The expertise is in abundance, like those humans fleeing Xitter (pronounced shitter) to find some other site to develop/use.

No comments:

Post a Comment