Summary

It is time to become human, emotionally stable, and sentient.

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

One rant

    This is my version of bitching and moaning.  Yes, that is my quirky smile you see.

-------

  Geez, there are so many to choose from I know not where to start!

How does one convey a lifetime so very different from the rest of humanity?

I think about the kind of thoughts that I have had for a lifetime that are so very different.  Why?

Two that always strike me are the bus station and the realization to look at humanity as a single human.

Both were crucial revelations.  I talk about the bus station elsewhere, including in some of the books.  What it amounts to is a realization that we are defined by our relationships with others in a big way.  Somehow, I moved on from that to the acceptance that no one knows anyone else.  Other people's perceptions of us define who we are.  Our perceptions of ourselves are predefined by our interaction with others.   It doesn't need to be that way.  More importantly, it won't be that way once we find our way to our humanity.

From that time when I sat in a bus station and an airport for thirty six hours, I've loved being in airports and any place else in which I knew no one.  It was a sort of freedom.  There's that freedom, again.  It is much closer to the real liberty we are seeking.  Liberation from the nitwit animal and the trap of preconception.

From there, it was an easy step to realize that we, as a race, are messed up.

That's a good place to get into the other revelation that, if one looks at humanity as a single entity, it is easy to see that three thousand years ago the human race was as a child growing up in a new world or realization with no guidance.  We have not progressed.  If anything, we have digressed or regressed.

    Before I move on, have I made it clear as to the advantages of considering humanity, any subculture, any gender, or any other large subset (including, for instance a corporate culture or the culture of those that attend Davos or the culture of the subset of monstrous egos that run corporations) as an individual entity?  Maybe it is obvious.  If not, try it.

To say we did a poor job of the early application of our consciousness and conscientiousness would be an understatement.  We so desperately wanted guidance that we created gods to fill the gap.

Sadly, those with no sense and a strong desire to submit to the animal, took over the guidance of the human race.  Do you really think that the perversions of the priests and clerics are new?  Useful?  Other than as a destructive force?

We kept pushing the envelope based on so many lies.  The lies just kept growing to cover the heinous activities instead of guiding us anywhere worthwhile.

As long as we accept some humans disguising their own words as guidance from some ephemeral god, we are sunk.

    I don't think I ever mentioned that the same evening that I was stuck in the bus station, then overnight in an airport, I was listening to a couple or three albums by The Moody Blues.  It certainly had a profound effect on the rest of my life.  That concentration of isolation, along with the gist conveyed by the music, were important in some way.

    So many pieces of the puzzle, dots to connect.  I was just thinking of a Cat Stevens song that told the story of how we have never known the story.  There are so many of those.  I can't help it.  It has been one of my guiding lights.  Creative people so want to break loose but become lost amidst the paradigms of nonsense.  

    Yes, of course, I'm going to mention the Lady here.  I truly believe that, while she may or may not have the answer yet in words, She knows.  I'm sure she will disagree.

    The gods we created are just a crutch that keep us from standing up on our own as a sentient creature and realizing that we are far more than the animals that preceded us.

    One of my favorite songs, nowadays, is "You Get What You Give" by The New Radicals.  It has a lot of hope packed into it while, at the same time, conveying a lot about the dilemma we have faced for three thousand years.  In fact, it applies in another way.  In the post on Rage, I get into the rage that youth so often feels towards the idiocy of their elders.  This song portrays that so well.  So do a couple of songs by Smashmouth.

-----

    Wow!  I don't know what it is about Her but I can't get enough.  Wow!  Feeling my doom today.

-------

Wow!  Am I feeling my doom today.  The one thing I will not tolerate, besides complete breakdown of the body, is the slightest breakdown of the mind.

But, how do I know when the mind is gone?  Considering I have spent a life in self-appraisal as an individual as well as a member of a sentient race, I think I should be able to tell with ease.  I hope so.  I am not one to fool myself easily.  There is a current and ongoing situation that baffles me.  It seems most likely I'm fooling myself.  I sure hope not.  I'll find out soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment