Summary

It is time to become human, emotionally stable, and sentient.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

"Elegance"

 Maybe my favorite poem ever.  Inspired by one so full of elegance.  There is one other, though.  "Your Symphony", which no one else will ever see.  That one's through the roof.  That's not quite fair, really.  There is also "Gypsy".  Another not for public consumption, along with so many more.  In this one, particularly, to obviate confusion, the dates do not apply.  It was written after her reign began.


Elegance*

As I ride this juggernaut of life's incessant train

Gazing through lacuna's sad, estranging windowpane

Pondering the landscape as I fly across terrain

Sculpted into shapes that form in beauty and in pain

All the scenes go flying by

Composing image in the eye

Of flashing scenes of immanence

I revel in the elegance

Of best of life's portrayals

When all the falsehood has been stripped

When not reflected in the script

Deceptions and betrayals

The purity of petals blowing on the silent breeze

Sweeps with poise of elegance among the regal trees

Inherent is the elegance in which my soul delights

That touch of poise and grace that sends my soul to wondrous heights

In everything I say or do or love or hold upright

My revelry necessitates that elegance bedight


w


Maybe the finest moment of my life was seeing her portray the Gypsy Rose.  It may be pure foolishness on my part, but I felt she was singing to me.  Yeah, long story.  She probably wouldn't even know to what I was referring,  I could be wrong.  She really is a kaleidoscope of the unexpected.


No comments:

Post a Comment