Summary

It is time to become human, emotionally stable, and sentient.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Madness

     I look around at the madness occurring before our very eyes and so much else falls in place, my own seeming madness included.
    It's not easy to step outside of the perspective that the rest of the prehuman race accepts. 
    It is not a matter of me being mad.  It is a matter of me seeing through the madness with which everyone is infected in order to attempt to explain it.  The herd mentality calls that madness.  If you don't fit in, you are mad.  It is difficult in the extreme to break ranks, look around, and admit to oneself that this is all fuct because of that.  It is one of the most powerful motivators to remain in a witless, animal state.
    Maybe the most appropriate description is that I am the first human to become (or remain) sane.
    How to explain to a race of beings that are in complete accord that everything is alright? that believe this is the best they can do?  Even as the world falls apart around them? How do they finally admit that everything is not alright?  It's even more complicated than that because everyone knows things are not alright but it's all been explained away by living through the mess and accepting it.  "It's just the way it is", as they shrug their shoulders, is a phrase right up there with the other most awful statement that boils my blood, "We are only human."
    I was about to say that you have no idea how difficult it is to not participate in the madness but it wasn't like that.  I just couldn't.  Something held me back.  It wasn't difficult at all.  In fact, the observation of the madness from one remove was as easy as can be.  Why was everyone so caught up in it?  Was it just some insane solidarity?  The desire to fit in?  The herd mentality?  Or, is there even more to it than that?  It just seems like being duped to me.  Of course, we are trained to be duped from the day we are born.
    It only became difficult for me when I finally realized the reason why humanity is broken and began my attempt to understand it well enough to explain it.  Then, I had to try to explain it to myself so that I could explain to the rest of the world.  Sigh.  That has proved difficult.
    Everyone wants their piece of the pie and are willing to tolerate that which is intolerable in order to get it.  
    Not only did I see the madness.  I finally began to see through the madness. 

    This is a very interesting time to be alive and, yes, I know the Chinese proverb.  These times highlight another problem of the prehuman condition.  The inept way in which we tried to achieve a sentient sensibility.
    The best the prehuman could come up with was to teach "the humanities", tolerate the insanities, look the other way, and study one's own navel.  Look around and you will see how poorly that has worked.  Of course, in retrospect, the problem is clear.  It is not a matter of training the animal to be human.  We are not Pavlov's Dog to be trained.  The human has to know in his heart that he is human and there is only one way he (i am using that pronoun on purpose and with emphasis) knows he is human.  He must overcome the worst limitation of being an animal before he will ever believe it in his heart.  Until then, he remains an animal.



No comments:

Post a Comment