Summary

It is time to become human, emotionally stable, and sentient.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Learning a new language

 I swear, the more I deal with all of this, the more I become convinced it is like learning a new language. That's not a new thought.  It's recurred over the years.

The weird part is that the language includes new concepts, not just a new arrangement for the same old precepts, as is the case with learning a new, prehuman language.  

It's also like looking at a picture of life for a lifetime seeing one thing and, slowly beginning to detect that the image is not what it seems and where the creepy-crawlies squirm.   The image of a human existence is far, far different.  That will be a  developiing image from sometime hence.

You can convey a lot with the old concepts to explain the new, like if there is any god, it is us.  In that case, I am redefining the purpose and meaning of the word god.  

I don't mean to say that I can magically move a mountain with my mind.  But, I would bet against the old versions of gods before I would bet against a future human making it happen at some point in the future.

I've other efforts of higher importance and more rational expectations to clarify first and, also, I'm very afraid I am facing a roadblock beyond my capability to get around it.  

What worries me most is that the roadblock may very well roll right over me in the next couple of months before I get to do the one thing I have been looking forward to.  Who knows?  Maybe it's just indigestion.  

No worries.  It will be as it will be.  I'll move a mountain when I can and if it becomes necessary.  Not likely in this lifetime but, maybe, that's the point.  The old gods were about the past.  Humanity is about the future*.  I don't think it will be happening in this lifetime for me, though.

I should have a lot to add to this one but I'm not sure.  It's a tricky one.

I guess the obvious one is the word love.  Our understanding of the concept is but a faint whisper of all there is.

I am beginning to think that I won't get further with this insight.  It will be up to someone else to expand on it as we become human.

*I italicised that sentence because I think it is important.  Not as important as getting humanity to realize it can be human but important all the same.  Again, I think I will be leaving it to future humans to expand on the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment